Saturday, August 30, 2008

Morning

Today I am simply content to be alive. I woke up at 5:30, went to the store at 6, and was at work by 7:05. Not bad. As I unloaded my groceries in the parking lot, this fabulous cooling breeze came up and blew through my cotton tee and I had the moment I look forward to everytime this year:

Fall is a-comin'.

Yessir, ladies and gents, Fall is on her way, and I am STOKED!!! Of course I'm fully aware that it's supposed to be 85 today, tomorrow, and Labor Day, but hey - I can't help knowing what I know. They've started planting the fall foilage that spruce up the company fronts: tall wheat with greeny-gold stalks and their little toe-heads, low shrubs, and a few hardy pansies in deep violet and maroon. The rabbits aren't babies anymore, but they still love to host mock-fights on the soft grass under the pines, then sleepily curl up and nibble grass while dozing off in the sun. Too. Freakin. Cute.

Colorado is gorgeous right now. Fall especially loves this state, and my arms are open and waiting.

Come on, Fall. You're my LADY!!!

2 comments:

sparringK9 said...

fall is my lady too. thanks for your visit to "chickory" - my avatar is more attached to my other blog sparringk9.

fall in north georgia is insane pretty. but im sure colorado is amazing too. ive never been there. ive seen the photos though. you will have to post some for us.

soon i will get around to posting the video of the little bunny i found in my field. the softest thing ive ever felt in my life.

have a great weekend. its good to meet you

-chickory

Devon said...

thanks, chickory, and so nice to meet you, too! =) you've never been to colorado??? oh my, girl, you *must* make the trip someday. i have the feeling that once you do, you won't be able to stop.... i'll keep an eye out for that video - yay for bunnies! happy september!